Skip to main content

Aerial Photograph of Klamath Falls, Oregon

 Collection
Identifier: SHL111

Content Description

Aerial black and white photograph of Klamath Falls and adjacent areas. A few locations' names are written in pen. Created by Cornell, Howland, Hayes, and Merryfield from the Clair A. Hill and Associates: Engineers, Planners, Economists. Created: 8-4-1969

Dates

  • 1969

Biographical / Historical

Klamath Falls, Oregon, is a city in and the county seat of Klamath County, Oregon. The city was originally named Linkville by its founder George Nurse in 1867. The name originated from the falls on the Link River, where the city is located. The name was changed to Klamath Falls in 1893. The city is located on the southeastern shore of the Upper Klamath Lake and about 25 miles north of the California–Oregon border. Timber harvesting was the major business for the area for the first decades of the 20th century

Extent

1 Sheets (1 aerial photograph) ; 38" x 29"

Language of Materials

English

Abstract

Klamath Falls, Oregon, is a city in and the county seat of Klamath County, Oregon, founded in 1867. Collection consists of aerial black and white photograph of Klamath Falls and adjacent areas. A few locations’ names are written in pen.
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script

Repository Details

Part of the Oregon Institute of Technology Libraries, Shaw Historical Library Repository

Contact:
3201 Campus Drive
Klamath Falls OR 97603 United States
5418851965